Nowadays, it can be difficult to keep track of one’s collections, especially if they grow especially large. It is not unheard of for people to have collections of literally hundreds of films. It is a difficult prospect to keep track of all your files in that case, but the task becomes more difficult if one’s collection was made up of physical copies like DVDs.
Unlike soft copies, physical copies have to be looked after constantly, it is possible for them to be lost or destroyed, and you still have to keep track of them all like any other collection. Thankfully, there is software available that can help keep track of large collections, such as Catalog Software.
All My Movies
Personal Video Database
MeD’s Movie Manager
Ant Movie Catalog
DVD Catalog Software Features
Many examples of Movie Catalog Software let you modify your movie collection as you see fit. This gives you a number of options concerning the items in your collection, such as how to put them in order. The bottom line is that the catalogs are able to bring order to your collection, and give you some freedom as to how that order should be like. Here are some ways in which catalog software allows you to organize your movies.
- Modify Metadata – The metadata of your films can be modified. This allows you to provide more information that the catalog program can use to arrange your films, such as genre, as well as providing trivia and summaries.
- Arrange by Criteria – Your films can be arranged in particular order, such as alphabetical. However, based on what data is added to the metadata, you can find more criteria to arrange your films. You also have advanced search options that you can use to search your collection by those criteria.
- Run Movies from Catalog – Rather than search through your collection the hard way, you can always play your films from the catalog itself, when you have already found the films you wanted. This also applies to DVDs, so you can also play your DVDs if you have them in the drive.
WinCatalog for Windows
NeoFinder for Mac
DVD Library for Android
Movie Collector – Most Popular Software
Conveniences of Catalog Software
It is fairly simple to make a catalog of anything, thanks to the availability of Product Catalog Software online. That usually means catalogs of items for sale, but can just as easily apply to cataloged items from one of your collections. It is actually convenient to have a catalog of your DVDs, because of these advantages:
- Easier to Keep Track – Any large collection becomes more difficult to manage as it grows, especially with physical copies, like DVDs. A large enough collection can look much like a full bookshelf. This software can go some way to keeping things orderly, so long as the DVDs are sorted in a similar order.
- Prevents Them Being Lost – With a large collection, it is easy for items to simply fall between the cracks. All the more so with physical copies as you may be able to lose them without ever knowing it. This can be prevented by keeping your collection as orderly as possible.
Keeping a collection orderly is a challenge on its own, more so with a collection of physical items. But programs like these available here can make it much easier for you to organize your things, so as not to lose them somehow.
10 Best Virtual Router Software Free Download
6+ Best File Repair Software Download Reviews
6+ Best USB Drive Repair Software Download
14 Best Most Efficient Call Recording Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Video Interviewing Software Download Reviews
6+ Database Design Tools Download Reviews
9 Best Typing Tutor Software Download
9 Best Typing Trainer Software Download
7 Best Typing Trainer Software Download
11+ Best Internet Speed Test Software Download Reviews
8+ Best Typing Software Free Download
7+ Best DSL Speed Test Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Bitcoin Miner Software Download Reviews
6+ Best 3D Character Creator Software Download
6+ Best Music Visualizer Software Download Reviews