I have to admit, there are a lot of photo editor software made for Windows than for Mac, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to give up using Mac for your photo studio or photography stint. In fact, Mac filters out all other photo editing software that do not pass Apple standards and, more or less, don’t do any professional edits to your photos.
Thankfully, I found a few selected Photo Editing Software that are compatible to Mac OS X and latest versions of Windows that can give you similar edits and effects as Adobe Photoshop with lesser tools and more convenience. Check out our top list of Photo Editing Software that’ll add a magic touch to your photographs.
Smart Photo Editor
Achieving the right amount of filter and effects for your photos consumes a lot of time especially if you’re not a Photoshop or Lightroom expert. Even if you are just starting out as a photographer or digital artist, you can easily manage your photos with these top rated photo effects software to help you produce a beautiful artwork out of your shots.
Get started by picking the photo editing software that matches your preferences:
- PhotoScape X – Whether it’s a collage or GIF photo you need, PhotoScape X lets you adjust colors and filters to change the scenery.
- Magix – Magix Photo Design is a free photo editing software that enables you to adjust lighting and add effects like panorama montage; it also has a tool you can use to cut objects and switch to the filmstrip view or new effects view.
- Pixlr – Pixlr is a cheeky photo editing tool that lets you do Photoshop commands like cut, move, and clone and add overlays and photo filters using the Pixlr Express.
- Smart Photo Editor – This software has a collection of professional gallery effects that can be customized to your preferences. It also has intelligent effects that lets you control gamma, radius, and fade amount among others.
Paint.NET for Windows
PaintShop Pro X9 for Mac
Photo Editor for Android
GIMP – Most Popular Software
Need an online photo editing software or application to get the job done fast? Try these user-friendly photo editing software:
- Sumo Paint – Sumo paint can be downloaded as a Google Chrome extension; it features over 300 varieties of painting brushes, 37 filters including 3D effects and classic layer effects like bevel, stroke, and outer glow.
- PhotoDemon – It may not be an attractive name for a photo editing software, but it gets the job done right because of its portable yet powerful features like a 7.6 MB file size, macro recording, and batch processing.
- PixBuilder Studio – This software can create icons and has a multiple undo feature. It covers all basic photo editing commands and supports layers for Windows.
- Paint.NET – This exclusive photo editing software for Windows has a smart interface that supports layers and transform your photo into an oil painting with numerous drawing tools and filters similar to the materials used in traditional oil painting.
- PaintShop Pro X9 for Mac – PaintShop features ready-to-use photo templates and creative text effects that lets you annotate your images.
Aside from making artistic effects using the photo editing software on our list, you can also add silly stickers and comedic designs to portraits and casual photos using Funny Photo Maker Software that will generate bizarre faces, and cartoon overlays for you to laugh out loud with your friends.
9 Best Free Ringtone Maker Software Download
9+ Best Small Business Software Reviews
10 Best Free Data Entry Software Download
10 Best Calculator Software Download
10 Best Scanner Software Download
10 Free Translation Software Download
10 Best Free Image Editor Software Download
10 Free Photo Frames Software Download
10 Best Free Animation Software Download
10 Best Accounting Software Download
10 Best Free VPN Software Download
10 Best Free Recovery Software Download
10 Best Printer Software Download
10 Best Wi-Fi Software Download
10 Best Dictionary Software Download