Hex Editor Software – “modify files at their lowest level using hex editor software”
Hex editor software lets you modify and manipulate with data in your system at the very lowest or fundamental binary level. Hex editors are generally used for serious work like ethical hacking or file retrieving but you can simply try experimenting with it just for fun.
Just make sure to have the backup of the file that you are working on because sometimes modifying just a character in file can potentially render it useless! Top 7 Software
1. HxD Hex Editor- free tool
HxD hex editor software is simple to use and hence recommended for novice users. It has a modern, intuitive interface and can be used to inspect or edit files, main memory, disks/disk images and their structure.
- Can handle huge files
- Flexible search options and file comparisons quickly
- Allows analyzing ROM files for emulators
2. PSPad- easy to launch hex editor
PSPad is a freeware meant for advanced level programmers and is useful for Microsoft OS. It offers various useful functionalities like option to launch any file in the special editing mode really easily. You can edit the file in hexadecimal or alphanumeric format, using this editor.
- Offers various simple text formatting options
- Allows working on several documents at the same time
- Supports intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
3. XVI32- edit hex values directly or the character representation
XVI32 is another freeware which is meant for advanced users. One dimple advantage of using it is that, it does not write any data to your registry. You just need to download and unzip the archive to your hard disk to start working with it.
- Includes address calculations for checking offsets
- Small size of only 1.02 MB
- No setup program needed
4. Free Hex Editor Neo- allows bookmarking make working with large files easier
This software is available for free download and is optimized for working with large files. It can be used to open files, processes, physical disks etc. and works with ASCII, hex, decimal, float, double and binary data.
- Unlimited undo or redo options
- Visual history save and reload
- Supports simple patch creations and clipboard options
5. Hex Workshop- easy to use hex editor
Hex workshop allows you to work with hex files simply in its native structure or using integrated structure viewer and smart bookmarks. It is very flexible and comes with a base convertor for converting between hex, decimal and binary data types.
- Allows cut, copy, paste, insert, fill and delete operations on binary data
- Includes hex calculator and checksum generator
- Allows arithmetic, bitwise and logical operations
6. Hackman Suite- comes with SDK
Hackman suite is not just a hex editor but includes this feature as a part of other hacking utilities. It is available at just $27 and you can also go for the free trial version.
- Supports use of filters
- Allows merging and splitting files
- Comes with built-in template editor
7. Cygnus Hex Editor
Cygnus is a very basic hex editor that comes handy and includes features like offset display, ASCII codes for edited data, search and replace options etc. It also allows pasting of data from a file which is really helpful.
- MIDI interface
- Supports multi-level undo and redo options
- Comes with drag and drop support
This list includes some of the useful and feature rich hex editors available in the market. It is not numbered in any specific way and we hope that this list helps you find one suited for your need.
13+ Best Burn Aware Software Download Reviews
Top 7 Music Notation Software Download
11+ Best DAW Software Download Reviews
7 Best Vlog Editing Softwares Download
6+ Best Music Writing Software Download Reviews
Download 10 Best Free Recording Software
16 Best 3GP Convertors Download
5+ Best Guitar Recording Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Professional Video Editing Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Convert PDF to PostScript Download Reviews
6+ Best Jukebox Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Video Archive Software Download Reviews.
Top 7 VFX Software Download
6+ Best CBZ Reader Download Reviews
20+ Best Video Editing Software Reviews