Tag Editor is a software application that supports editing metadata of multimedia file formats, rather than the actual file content. These are taggers for common audio tagging formats like ID3, APE and Vorbis comments.
A common purpose for such a software application is to correct and sort files in music collections. This often happens in a batch processing style so that you don’t have to sit and manually edit everything on your own, saving a lot of time. Let’s now have a look at some of the top software available:
1. MusicBrainz Picard
- Picard is a cross-platform music tagger written in Python
- Picard supports all popular music formats, including MP3, FLAC, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, and more.
It uses AcoustID audio fingerprints, allowing files to be identified by the actual music, even if they have no metadata.
- Picard is licensed under GPL 2.0 or later, and is hosted on GitHub where it’s actively developed by some awesome developers.
- Mp3tag is a great and easy-to-use freeware tool to edit metadata of common audio formats. It supports ID3v1, ID2v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis comments and APE tags.
- It works by renaming files based on tag information, replaces characters/words in tags and filenames, import/exports tag information, creates playlists and lot more.
- It also supports online database lookups from sites like Amazon, discogs or freedb, allowing you to by design gather proper tags and cover art for your music collection.
- loss less conversion between wav, mp4, flac, ape & loss less splitting using cue
currently supported media files: MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, APE, AVI, WAV, WMA, WMV OGG, ASF, MPC, MPP, MPEG
- import tags from freed for unnamed files with count and times according to original CD
- editor like a spreadsheet with full multi select and find & replace functionality
- user friendly context help with many screenshots and examples
- Import album information and covers from online databases like Discogs or Amazon Generate tag information from file/foldernames
- Supports MP3, OGG, FLAC, WMA, MPEG-4, Opus, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavPack, TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, Direct Stream Digital files
- Export information to HTML, XML CSV or any user-defined format
- Tag fields formatting and rearrangement
- Rename files based on the tag and file information
- With MetatOGGer you can tag your music library in a simple way. After the first obvious step of importing your selected folders or files, they’ll all appear on the program’s interface, where you need to check or uncheck those you want to work with (use the right button to do so).
- MetatOGGer gives you several options to add or edit tags in your music files: use the file name or the path to create tags from them, add the tags by yourself from scratch, extract them from a database or import them from an online database – which is usually the fastest and easiest way, though it doesn’t always work.
- MetatOGGer features a very attractive interface with a nice design and transparency effects.
6. Reezaa MP3 Tag Editor
7. Zortam ID3 Tag Editor
If you are a music lover and want to experiment with music, then these bunch of softwares will be handy. These easily available softwares are not that hard to operate, with user manuals and guides, one can turn into a pro, when it comes to mixing & creating new digital audio files. While most of these softwares are freely available for downloads from internet, it’s the basic version which comes with very limited functions & features. One might have to upgrade the same by paying some extra bucks inorder to enjoy the full featured softwares. Various software compatibility should be checked before installation – while most of them can play on latest versions of Windows OS, some are functional across Mac, iOS and Android OS.
Besides having step by step setup guidance, these are also aided with operational manuals, which explains the function of each keys & features available on the skins of the software. FAQs provided in their sites will also give a clear idea on various queries placed forward.
Websites of these softwares also provide comparable charts, inorder to differentiate versions & highlight what all features have been added to enhance the softwares. A track of this will help one to remain updated with various functioning of the software in general.
13+ Best Burn Aware Software Download Reviews
Top 7 Music Notation Software Download
11+ Best DAW Software Download Reviews
7 Best Vlog Editing Softwares Download
6+ Best Music Writing Software Download Reviews
Download 10 Best Free Recording Software
16 Best 3GP Convertors Download
5+ Best Guitar Recording Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Professional Video Editing Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Convert PDF to PostScript Download Reviews
6+ Best Jukebox Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Video Archive Software Download Reviews.
Top 7 VFX Software Download
6+ Best CBZ Reader Download Reviews
20+ Best Video Editing Software Reviews