Slowly and steadily MS Paint and Adobe Photoshop are being replaced by stronger and more popular freeware. Our list includes all the popular digital painting software free download links as well as professional painting software free download sources.
These help you either convert digital images into paintings or make your own paintings from scratch using the latest tools and techs.
A sound replacement of MS Paint and other well known but cumbersome photo editing software programs, this one is a complete image editor with all the tools and presets required to edit photos, images and add loads of textures to them too.
- Compatible with almost all current Windows OS versions.
- Includes a separate Image Dropdown menu with a plethora of features.
- Pre-set shapes, lines, banners and charts.
- Tons of graph features.
2. Corel PaintShop Pro (32 Bit)
One of the few trail version software which come with complete feature sets of the real deal. This software is ideal for painting on and editing all photos and images with a touch of expertise.
- Indulge in quick fixes using the Express Lab and the Smart carver or try out the tons of different tools and options to create professional grade photos.
- Main set of tools include RAW Lab, Express Lab, Advanced Tools, Smart Carver and Integrated Tools.
This is a free to use photo editing software which supports multiple layers.
- Advanced settings to turn your images into oil paintings and sketches.
- Work on several images side by side.
- Record a history of changes and processes for easy removal of effects and edits.
- Easy shortcuts for functions.
- One touch optimizing and retouching of all images using a bunch of free and integrated tools.
4. EZ Paint
This is an extremely easy to use software which is a free alternative to MS Paint. It comes with more tools and options as well.
- Easy drawing of line, arcs, curves and accompanying editing tools.
- Has more than 30 custom built-in shapes.
- Aimed at regular users who require something more than paint but less complicated than Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw.
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
5. Tux Paint
A very popular paint software which has been sought after by all young image editors, graphic designers and digital painters. The interface is extremely child-friendly and hence is very well suited for all budding talents.
- Colorful and simple interface with minimal commands.
- The bunch of features include Tux Paint Stamps, magic designs, colors, effects and a variety of brushes.
- Includes over 100 brand new stamps.
- Includes autosave and recover features.
6. Fresh paint for Windows 8
This is a free app for all windows users who want to add a touch of hand drawn painting to all their photos and images. This can edit BMP, JPEG and TIFF images without any trouble whatsoever.
- Perfect for Windows 8 users and ideal for touchscreen devices.
- Blend and mix colors to create new shades.
- Realistic painting effects.
- Fun graphical interface well suited for all age groups.
7. Tux Paint Stamps 2009-06-28
The Tux Paint Stamps are ideal for the creative souls who also love fun in art. This adds an easy charm of pop-art to your creations.
- Free and easy installation.
- A huge collection of free, cool stamps.
- Easy to access and implement.
- Compatible with Tux Paint Software (and other versions).
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 8.
8. Mario Paint Composer
This software comes with an air of creativity and freedom of exploration. This one is ideal for all the new and daring painters and designers who are looking for a lot more than MS Paint.
- This is an extremely fun way to “paint” music using symbols like flowers, automobiles, airplanes and cute hearts.
- Ideal for kids and teachers who want to add some fun to their classes.
- Authentic SNES experience.
9. TAG: The Power of Paint
A very unique creation, this gaming software is used for making all kinds of creative graphic designs. This is in sync with the growing popularity of graffiti and wall-art.
- Bold and creative way of creating new designs and clearing each level of the game.
- New tools and paint as ammo to obtain different powers and make your move.
- Jump, throw, boost your speed using different colors and by drawing different patterns.
10. PaintTool SAI
A drawing utility software which is ideal for all levels of painters and designers who use their Windows device to power their creations.
- Has all basic image editing tools including airbrushes, paintbrushes, watercolors, erasers and pencils.
- Ready to use shapes and clip-arts.
- Supported by simple interface and navigation.
- Supports PSD, JPG, BMP, SAI, PNG and TGA formats.
- Supports layers and canvases.
Here we have presented to you a huge array of software programs which revolve around painting; they include editing software as well as gaming software which use paint as a level boosting feature.
8+ Best Investor Reporting Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
28+ Best Real Estate Marketing Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
25+ Best Insurance Claims Management Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
16+ Best Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
12+ Best Insurance Rating Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
10+ Best School Transportation Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
15+ Building Information Modeling (BIM) Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
26+ Best App Monetization Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
20+ Best Embedded Business Intelligence Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
10+ Best Insurance Billing Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
23+ Best Search Advertising Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
15+ Best Online Proctoring Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
17+ Best System Administration Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
11+ Best Print Management Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
24+ Best Social Media Advertising Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021