Logos are symbols that embody the name, goals, and reputation of a business. It is comprised of emblems, texts, or shapes that are molded together in one creative design. This logo design you will be making will be the face of your company to different clients, investors, and partners. It will reflect who you are as a business and what you do. Hence, it is important that you make it as flawless as possible.
Also, it has to be unique and authentic to make yourself distinct from the other companies that are established in the industry. To get started, you can check out the following designs that will spark new ideas in your mind.
Why Is a Logo Important?
Logos are meant to symbolize you and what you do. In some ways, it represents you in letters, quotations, brochures, and any giveaways that have your mark on it. Having a logo makes your business more professional-looking. You can use it on letterheads, envelopes, and other formal documents that you need to put your name on. When marketing your products, you can use your company logo to help people distinguish what is yours and what is not by putting it on your product labels.
In a nutshell, your logo carries your name and your reputation, and whatever has it will always be associated with you.
5 Ways to Improve a Logo Design
Your logo designs can do with a bit more improvement. There are little ways on how you can turn it from the best logo into the perfect logo there is.
What you will read next are some ideas that will help you improve your design. Read and assess which ones are applicable to you:
- Know how the competition works in your industry and see how your competitors have made their logos. Instead of going with the bandwagon, why don’t you try to create something unique? This way you get more attention from your target client. Another thing is that having a business logo that is authentic and not just sampled from famous logos will show to people how dedicated you are on what you do. It also stirs up their curiosity on what you have thus making them more interested in you.
- Choose your colors and font styles wisely. In some designs, you will see multiple colors and different font styles while some are kept in a single color and a single font. When deciding what to use, remember that your logo will be applied to different printouts and during the printing process, colors might change. Also, your business logo designs would be continuously resized. Given those factors, you should make sure that the colors you use will come out just fine after printing and the words in your logo are still readable even after resizing it.
- Keep it simple. There are times that you would want your logo to be intricate and sophisticated. But, all you need to do to achieve this to just keep your designs simple. Very well-known brands have a very simple logo. Some examples include Nike, Apple, and McDonald’s. The advantage of simpler logos is that it’s easier to perfect it rather than those complicated ones. With fewer details, you can focus more on what you actually need to work on. Logos for bakeries can simply use rolling pins and other bakery symbols rather than going for something more complex.
- Make your shapes symmetrical and ensure that the quality of the graphics are in high quality. In fact, vector graphics are better to use rather than the flat logos. You don’t want your logos to get pixelated as you apply it to different layouts. The constant rendering and compression will affect the quality of your images. But, when it is in a higher resolution, you get to have lower tendencies of ending up with a pixelated logo. Also, shapes that are symmetrical look better than those that are not unless it was actually created to be that way.
- Lastly, know what your logo means. Recall your initial goal for making your company logo and why you chose to do it that way. This is to make sure that you understand the reason behind the curves and lines. This knowledge is also beneficial when you want to explain to your clients about your business. Make something creative that goes with your core values to make your designs more personal to what you actually do and to who you are as a company.
Now that you know these things, you can then find ways on how you can improve your current logos. When still in doubt on how to start your own business logo, you can just download logo templates which you can customize and follow the mentioned ideas above. Keep these tips in mind in order to have a perfect logo that will brand you as you aim for success in the corporate world. Find designs that are for you and get to work with your logos.