Opening a corrupted spreadsheet can often be a very frustrating experience. This corruption may be attributed to different reasons. It could be caused by human error or an error in the system. When this error is encountered, Excel automatically does its file recovery using the Outlook Repair Tool to repair the file but this may not always work.
Repairing this problem can be done in numerous ways. You can try to recover the worksheet manually which would require a whole lot of effort and also does not always work. There are, however, various Excel file repair software you can use in order to recover a damaged file.
Kernel for Excel Repair Software
Excel Repair Toolbox
Causes of File Corruption
As stated, there are different ways that an Excel file would get corrupted, either by a human or a system error. Below are the possible reason why your file is damaged. It is important to find out how it got corrupted so you also know the best way to repair the damage.
- Machine Not Properly Turned Off – It may be due to a power failure or a damage in the power source that caused your machine to shut down unexpectedly. A file could also get corrupted when you turn off your computer without properly saving while Excel is still running in the background.
- Virus Infection – A virus attack on a machine could cause significant damage to the data. It could corrupt data on your Excel file. You will need a File Repair Software to recover Excel data lost to a virus infection.
- Hard Drive Error – This is a system error in that you just have bad sectors in your hard drive. Any data located in this bad sector is damaged and so you will need to fix this error.
- Excel Problems – Some corrupted files may be due to problems in Excel itself. Editing files in different versions would cause problems in the file. You may also need to restart Excel which could result in loss of data.
Recovery Toolbox for EXCEL
XLSX Open File Tool
Stellar Phoenix Excel Repair for Mac
Microsoft Excel Repair Tool for Windows
Repair My Excel – Most Popular Software
File Repair Software Features
Not all Excel file repair software program is created equal. When deciding which file repair software tool is right for you, look out for these features.
- Recovery of Various Kinds of Data – Your Excel file may include tables, formulas, images, etc. Your file repair software should be able to recover all of these as it is in its original standing.
- User-Friendly Interface – The software program you choose should not be complicated to use. It should be simple enough for anyone to use.
- Accessible to All Versions of Excel – Excel has several versions, and your software program should be able to recover damaged files for most—if not all—versions. Most tools recover Excel files from the 2000 version up to the latest one.
- No File Size Limitation – You would not need a Fleet Maintenance Software to recover your Excel file. The tool you choose should be able to recover your files of any size.
Recovering a damaged file should be easy if you have the right Excel file repair software program. A file can get corrupted due to a variety of reasons and the right tool should be able to troubleshoot your Excel file problem in no time.
13+ Best Burn Aware Software Download Reviews
Top 7 Music Notation Software Download
11+ Best DAW Software Download Reviews
7 Best Vlog Editing Softwares Download
6+ Best Music Writing Software Download Reviews
Download 10 Best Free Recording Software
16 Best 3GP Convertors Download
5+ Best Guitar Recording Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Professional Video Editing Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Convert PDF to PostScript Download Reviews
6+ Best Jukebox Software Download Reviews
6+ Best Video Archive Software Download Reviews.
Top 7 VFX Software Download
6+ Best CBZ Reader Download Reviews
20+ Best Video Editing Software Reviews