Threats online are not limited to acquiring viruses that can damage your system alone. They can also be as severe as identity theft, hacking of finances, and more. If you encounter instances like this, you would need a Forensic Software to back your data up and let it track the culprit of the problem.
This tool can make in-depth searches to look into the system’s history including the IP addresses of those that accessed it. From the basic details of the drive, it can search further to the list of networks it has connected ever since. Most private investigators and law enforcement agencies are using this.
Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit
Features of a Forensic Software
Whether you will assign a team to investigate or you will do it on your own, you still need to acquaint yourself with Digital Forensic Investigation Tools. They are no ordinary tools that you use every day so it is important that you make sure that you take time on knowing them. With that, here is a short guide.
- Extract Information from Source
The software gathers available data from the device you set it to. It searches through the history, sorting out the present from the past. The files it checks include those that were deleted but still has traces on the drive. Also, this can search through phone records (every text and call).
- Analysis of Collected Data
These data are then processed and organized by folders. Sift through everything like looking through a regular stack of stored files. You can print the data for whatever purpose you need it.
- Decrypt Data with Clean Tracks
You can also bypass the security of a device. Using the software, you can crack down locked folders to fetch the information stored inside. The best thing about this is that it doesn’t leave any footprints which make it seem like it wasn’t opened at all.
Free Hex Editor Neo
Autopsy – Most Popular Software
Some Other Features of Forensic Tools
- Fast Collection of Data – It doesn’t take too long for the software to complete its download of the files that you need. Extract, copy and save your own copy of the extracted data in no time. This will expedite your research and will make your search for information faster.
- Brute Force-Like Passcode Recovery – The software uses the technique of inputting the every possible combination of a passcode in an attempt to open the encrypted folder or file. Though it incorporates other methods to decrypt it faster than the regular brute force method.
- Full Documentation of Process – All the steps and actions you take and make while acquiring the files are recorded in a detailed report to make sure that you have a copy of how it was done. This will be useful when facing legal battles in court.
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms – Most of all, the software is applicable for usage to any device be it a phone or a desktop unit. This will give you the flexibility on where you want to use it. Apply this to any device and search as you please.
8+ Best Investor Reporting Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
28+ Best Real Estate Marketing Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
25+ Best Insurance Claims Management Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
16+ Best Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
12+ Best Insurance Rating Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
10+ Best School Transportation Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
15+ Building Information Modeling (BIM) Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
26+ Best App Monetization Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
20+ Best Embedded Business Intelligence Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
10+ Best Insurance Billing Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
23+ Best Search Advertising Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
15+ Best Online Proctoring Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2022
17+ Best System Administration Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
11+ Best Print Management Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021
24+ Best Social Media Advertising Software for Windows, Mac, Android 2021